On Wednesday evening, September 12, 2018, 23 members from the Las Vegas Family Church Community gathered at CHG Main House to hold their second 430 Club meeting. The program begun with dinner being served at 5:30pm and the members present later joined the 365 National Prayer Condition from 6:15 pm to 6:30 pm via internet.
Rev. Ken Doo, the senior Pastor of the Las Vegas Family Church, commenced the meeting by sharing a brief testimony about the experiences and inspirations he had when he visited South Korea after the Blessing Ceremony. He encouraged the members to continue uniting with True Parents direction and desire to realize Heavenly Parent’s nation here on earth by the year 2020.
He also discussed with the members present about the privileges of working together as a community and pointed out how the previous barbecues and workshops made a positive impact to the guests. Having a positive attitude and unity amongst brothers and sisters were highlighted as some of the good attributes that contributed to the successful series of events within the community.
Later, details on how to work on reaching out to more people and Blessing them were discussed. Members present committed to support one another until they all Blessed 430 couples.
Below are the strategies and suggestions given by members on how to reach out to the community:
- Organize a music festival and play music for people at the park, then set up booths i.e. WFWP, CARP, FFWPU, UPF, ACLC and invite them to their booths introducing them to what they do and then Bless them. Sunset Park was selected as the preferred venue. Tentative month to hold the event is November. In the meantime, members present agreed to go to the free markets and set up booths and take turns in running them. The Blessing booths would contain the following:
- Banners,pamphlets,Holy Wine, a guest book and a beautiful backdrop for taking memorable pictures.
- Give free gifts, clothes, home appliances and raffles to the newly witnessed individuals.
- An artificial bouquet of flowers.
- Band (CARP Band, LVFC Praise team) Members present agreed to reserve a spot at Sunset Park and prepare in advance. They also agreed to use smaller parks to witness to and Bless people in the meantime before November.
- Offer guidance and counselling services to families and youths and introduce them to True Family values and a lifestyle of purity, offering solutions to family crisis in the society.
- Start an English class and introduce themes related to happy families and eventually introduce participants to Divine Principle and Bless them.
- Blessing tourists at the “Welcome to Las Vegas” sign.
The members present lastly agreed to try out their own unique and individual ways of Blessing fellow brothers and sisters in their community and come and share their experiences and settle down on which method really works. Volunteers for the booth committee were asked to contact Mr. James Rigney. Researching on the potential venues were to be followed up by Rev. Ken Doo and Mr. Shahram Sedehi.
The meeting adjourned at 8:30 pm with a prayer and a group picture. The next meeting is scheduled to take place on Wednesday, September 19, 2018.