Prepared by UPF Asia Pacific
13 world leaders said we must work together as a global community to recover from the Covid-19 pandemic and its devastating effects that have spilled over into the economic, political, religious, educational, and cultural arenas. Solving the current global crisis demands that we overcome differences and collaborate together.
Eight current and former Heads of State and Government along with five First Ladies, from a total of 10 nations, spoke at the first International Summit Council for Peace (ISCP) webinar in the Asia Pacific region. Held July 9, 2020, these dignitaries were keynote speakers during the 2-hour “Virtual Summit” which was translated from English into six languages: Thai, Indonesian, Cambodian, Russian, Mongolian and Chinese.
This Summit had +938k viewers via Zoom (9001 registered participants), Facebook, YouTube, replays and satellite television from 106 nations. The theme was, “Rebuilding and Renewing our Nations in the Post-Covid 19 World: Interdependence, Mutual Prosperity and Universal Values.” During the Virtual Summit, leaders appreciated the work of UPF guided by its co-founder Dr. Hak Ja Han Moon who has survived her late husband’s passing in 2012. Summit speakers acknowledged that UPF has provided a beacon of hope in this divided, struggling world.
Our Important participants were:
- Dr. Yun Young-ho, Director General of the Family Federation for World Peace and Unification
- Dr. Thomas G. Walsh, Chairman of UPF
- Dr. Chung Sik Yong, UPF Asia Pacific Group Chairman
- H.E. Mahinda Rajapaksa, Prime Minister of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka
- H.E. Anote Tong, was President of the Republic of Kiribati from 2006 – 2016
- H.E. Kessai Hesa Note, President of Republic of Marshall Islands (2000 – 2008)
- H.E. Tserendash Oyunbaatar, former Deputy Prime Minister of Mongolia
- H.E. Parmanand Jha was Vice-President of the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal (2008 – 2015);
- H.E. Madhav Kumar Nepal was Prime Minister of the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal from 2009 – 2011
- H.E. Danny Philip, Prime Minister (2010 – 2011) from the Solomon Islands
- H.E. Ati George Sokomanu was the founding President (1984 – 1989) of the Republic of Vanuatu
- Mdm. Rachael Marape is the First Lady of the Independent State of Papua New Guinea.
- Mdm. Shiranthi Rajapaksa, the wife of the Honorable Prime Minister of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka
- Mdm. Diann Mendiola Tudela Torres is the First Lady of the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
- Mdm. Adi Koila Mara Nailatikau was the First Lady of the Republic of Fiji from 2009 – 2015
- Hon. Mrs. Sujata Koirala served as Deputy Prime Minister (2009 – 2011) of the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal
- Dr. Robert S. Kittel is the Asia Pacific Coordinator for the International Media Association for Peace, and International Chairman for Youth and Students for Peace
- Hon. Ek Nath Dhakal, Minister for Peace and Reconstruction, Government of Nepal (2015-2016);