Prepared by YSP Angola
On the occasion of the UN International Day of Peace celebrations w held an online nomination Ceremony for Youth Ambassadors for Peace on September 21, 2020 with the theme “Shaping Peace Together” spreading compassion, kindness, and hope in the face of the pandemic.
The Nomination Ceremony was attended by 100 participants via the Zoom platform and by 2851 people via YSP – Angola’s Facebook.
Ten personalities from different areas of Angolan society, such as sports, literature and arts, mentors, coaching, scouts, health and well-being, public administration, who are dedicated to working with and for youth, and give an active contribution to the development of Angolan Youth and Students, were nominated as Ambassadors for Peace.
During the ceremony we had the following speakers:
- Representative of the Office of the UN Resident Coordinator in Angola- Dr. Fátima Santos;
- The International President of Youth & Students for Peace (AIYSP) – Mr. Koji Matsuda;
- The UPF – Angola President – Dr. Manuel Domingos Adão;
- The President of the Federation of Families for World Peace and Unification in Angola
- Rev. Kinambuta Sambo Pedro, who made the opening prayer of the Ceremony;
- And the UPF – Angola Secretary-General – Dr. Joaquim Rodrigues.
The Ceremony had a simultaneous translation in English and French, supported by UPF – Angola and also counted on the direct participation of YSP – Latin America, in the person of Gabriela Pantoja, who translated in the Spanish language.
In their commitment of honor, the Ambassadors for Peace had committed to work, to support young people, and to honor through objective actions the vision, mission, and values of IAYSP.
In addition to the Nomination of Ambassadors for Peace, the YSP-Angola have launched the new website www.yspangola.org